- The comfort you experience with a piece of furniture is dependent upon its design and construction. Cisco Brothers manufacturers high quality upholstery renowned for its style, durability and comfort. Our frames are constructed of FSC-mixed Certified kiln dried hardwoods using species such as Alder and Maple with reinforced, double doweled stressed joints, and glued and heavily braced corner blocks.
Seating Support Options:
- No-Sag Seating: Technologically speaking, it is simple, consisting of 8-gauge sinuous springs stretched in an arch fashion and laterally mounted every 3 to 4 inches along the length of the chair or sofa.
- Soft-Edge Seating: The support is provided by springs laterally mounted along the length of the chair or sofa and reinforced side-to-side.
- 8-Way Hand-Tie Seating: It consists of 8-gauge support coils secured and individually hand-tied eight ways to the frame.
- Webbing Suspension: This construction of bands of webbing weaved throughout the seat, back & frame. Webbing is made from both natural and man-made fibers.
- Soft Fill: Soft-Fill cushions, offered standard on all pieces. The soft fill seat consists of a soy-based foam core encased in two layers of polyester fiber wrap for extra softness.
- Feather Cloud: The seat consists of the same soy-based foam core insert surrounded by a channeled envelope filled with 45% goose feathers, 5% down, and 50% polyester fibers.
- Feathers and Down: The seat consists of the same soy-based foam core surrounded by a channeled envelope of 90% goose feathers and 10% down. The cover is made of cotton, down proof ticking. Feathers and Down back cushions are channeled into cotton envelopes.
- 10/90 No Core: This cushion consists of Feathers and Down, but with no foam core.
- Cisco’s [Inside Green}™ technology is our uniquely smart, healthy, responsible alternative method of building furniture made entirely from FSC Woods, Natural Latex, jute, hemp, wool, goose feathers, and down.
- Para Pure: These seat cushions consist of a core made of latex, wrapped in a layer of wool. The back pillows that come with them are made of just wool.
- Para Feather: These seat cushions consist of a core made of latex, wrapped in a layer of feathers. The back pillows that come with them are made of just feathers.
- FSC Certified Wood: The backbone of Cisco’s furniture is the sturdy construction and framing made entirely of FSC Certified wood. In order for wood to be certified by the Forest Stewardship Council, the foresting practices at each site must adhere to FSC’s requirements on the rights of indigenous people and workers, and must follow strict guidelines regarding environmental impact. These carefully chosen lands are constantly monitored and assessed to ensure that conditions, yield, and management are always up to FSC’s high standards. Cisco is proud to be a certificate holder (FSC-C002394) and uses FSC woods exclusively across our entire line of products.
- Low-VOC Wood Stain: Once the right wood is chosen and used to build our furniture, applying a responsible and healthy stain is a must. We use WOCA natural oil stain on all of our tables, chairs and wood case goods. WOCA stains are plant-based, sustainable, non-polluting and contain no artificial pigments or preservatives. Along with being a naturally durable substance, oil-based stain also protects against scratches and indentations better than a standard urethane finish.