10 Ways to sleep healthy, safe and better today
Last week we heard from local holistic health guide and yoga instructor, Lauren Tennet on ways to improve your sleep. Here are 10 helpful tips that we learned…
1. Try inverted poses or light Yoga to help calm you before bed.
- Sight – make sure that your room is dark. Turn off your phone and all electronics 30 minutes before bed.
- Sounds – have either silence or soothing music. Silence is the ultimate way to turn off the busy mind and unwind.
- Touch – massages are a great way to wind down before bed! Also make sure that your bed is nice and comfortable. Lush pillows and a cushy comforter will put you at ease.
- Smell – lavender, vetiver, chamomile, and marjoram are all great scents to help you unwind.
- Taste – Things such as almonds, cherries and dark chocolate make a good bedtime snack. Also try a glass of raw, warm milk with a pinch of nutmeg or ginger.
3. Drink Chamomile tea before bed
4. Keep your bedroom cool while sleeping
5. Make sure you get enough exercise
6. Air filtration – Clean air can help you sleep better!
7. Try not to eat more than two hours before going to bed.
8. Try to have a consistent routine.
9. Avoid eating a lot of meat or fried food before bed.
10. And of course…sleep on an organic mattress!
- Health Talk with Doctor Landrigan on October 8th- We still have room available – email or call us to secure your spot!
- OMI 20% off flash sale until September 27th! (on select mattresses only)
- We have one of our biggest mattress sales ever coming up in October at our Heights store! We will be offering up to 25% off of one of our most affordable healthy mattresses, stay tuned for details.